Monday 27 October 2008

Oh, oh, oh, it's magic!


We’re on day one of half term, I'm so pleased to be off and at home with the boys I can’t tell you. There’s not much that’s more miserable and stressful than going/getting to work when your kids are off school. So today I’ve made lots of plans to get jobs done that I can do whilst off, ie get car serviced, get to dentist, get leaky tap fixed and so far all Luke and Ellis have done is learn card tricks by watching tutorials on the internet and for the past 4 hours they have been practising on me, max and each other, almost without a break. Their enthusiasm is very sweet and their flawed performances funny. I am just so, so glad they choose to be here at home, safe and sound, rather than wandering round the streets, aimlessly looking for something to do…I was very worried that Luke the sheep might want to spend all week with his mates (only last Thursday I had to drop everything and drive few miles to collect him, and bmx, as it had got too dark for him to cycle home – it was only 6pm but I don’t want him out in the dark on his own, am I bit soft?)

Anyway, we’re all rolling up our sleeves now to do a spot of baking, probably not great timing as I am staaaaaaaaaarving and will pick while in the kitchen (although not much to pick at, I got the ‘big shop’ down to 45 quid today). Must keep thinking about the bridesmaid dress, DWTBAFB! Will post pics of end result (cakes and cookies, not big fat belly)


1 comment:

Andy said...

Its good that the boys want to be with you and no you are not soft just a caring mother.

Anyway dont all the cakes etc-save some for me!