Wednesday 29 October 2008

Worried about Ray!



Is it out of order to tell rude people at a gig to shut up?

My lovely sister, Harriet, and I went to see The Hoosiers play at LCH last night. Place was packed with a mixture of people/ages. I’ve seen Hoosiers before and love em. Their poppy singles are ok, but don’t do the band justice. In between the predictable chart tracks the band played wonderfully melodic, insisting, rhythmic, soul felt songs and rifts, rocking out when necessary. Anyway, during the support act sis and I found ourselves amongst 6 teenage girls, all laughing and joking and throwing their arms around wherever they liked…we ignored them, although it was hard to (they were really loud and knocking into us a lot, very irritating). So then Hoosiers came on and one and half tracks in and Irwin is strumming soulfully on his guitar, singing his little lungs out and all I can hear is very loud chitter chatter, mainly coming from the oiks behind me. I bit my tongue for half a minute. Then half a minute more. Then, wtf – I’d paid nearly 40 quid for this gig - I turned to the 18 yr old culprit – whose voice I could hear over Irwin’s, and his voice is amp’ed up – and said ‘Do you know the Hoosiers are on stage?’ To which she replied ‘yes’. I stared at her and said ‘well all I can hear is your f@*king
chit chat!’. She shut up and I proceeded to enjoy my evening. Am I getting old??



4 comments:

Andy said...

Well done you! No you are not getting old you just want to enjoy yourself.

sparkx said...

the same thing happened when I went to see soemone at LCH, these two teenage girls were laughing and laughing a really really loud false laughter, it was seriously winding me up after about half an hour, so I said the same thing to them will you effing shut the ef up or I'll shut you up, and they shut up. I was never that annoying as a teen. He he! xx
P.S my word verification today is GONID, neearly ...

Unknown said...

Thank goodness it's not just me turning into a grumpy old woman then...Gonid, haha, might adopt that one as a polite word that max can use! xx

sparkx said...

I just had to post again to give you this word verification I saw as I was reading your comment here, in repsonse to mine ... chedgers, dunno why, made me giggle, again!