Thursday 15 January 2009

Day 2 on the property housing market. So far one porch rebuilt, one mahooosive clean up, one new flat roof, one viewing and one rejection. Hmmm, my home is like a child to me, I’ve done my utmost to keep it with us; my house looks the best it has for a very long time and rejections play on my emotions, speshilly at this time of the month. Onwards and upwards. Max has asked which house we’ll move to. I told him that I don’t know yet and he requested that we live at a house with a number one on the front door…and I thought his priorities would be somewhat more expansive than that.

Luke's been in a bit of hot water at (secondary) school and is learning some harsh lessons in responsibility and how a bad attitude ruins lives. (NB, the bad attitude displays itself to one teacher/subject only, but stroppy sighs and answering back will get him nowhere). Gosh, it's so hard for him being so young and frustrated at the world. I have spoken to him, given him an older opinion, an unbiased view, have tried to be objective and I do encourage him to remain positive but I can only stand by and watch him learn all this stuff himself. And of course he doesn't believe me that it will be OK in the end, kids don't believe it. Ah well, I guess it's only so hard for us as we're reliving the same pain and angst all over again, brings it all racing home at just how difficult fitting in to the world can be. Being so young means being out of control and god knows I hate that feeling and I'm 36. Still, let's hope we all feel happy in our place somewhere.

I'm currently listening to Richard Bona, thank you Dad.

1 comment:

sparkx said...

re - Luke and secondary school, I am guessing he is at the Academy? I have seen a huge change in Jack since starting there, attitude wise, everyday I can see his personality/attitude/outlook changing, for the worst, and like you i sit back at a loss at what to do to prevent it. I keep getting told I can't wrap him in cotton wool and that he has to become 'streetwise' But I don't like it, at all. Unfortunately he has to mix with low lifes, and I'm not going to dress it up, cos it's what they are, or it's what the parents (if you can call them that) of some of these kids are. Good luck with the house selling, hope it all goes well for you x