Sunday 11 January 2009

Happiest New Year

Ahhh, I haven’t made an entry for a month. I have dipped in and out of virtualland but have also been very busy. Lots to remember, lots to tell, lots to get down on this keyboard so that I can read back with a big smile in my heart.

Christmas and New Year was lovely. MM and I were childless for a week over Christmas – my boys spent the festive time with their dad (they had a ball) – and so we had a very happy adult time, precious time together. We spent it at Marin’s flat, he bought a tree and smelly candles, and my mum joined us for the big dinner. We ate cheese, opened pressies (I was spoiled) we drank good wine, snuggled a lot, ate wonderful food, listened to great music, got evacuated cos of a fire in the apartment below (!) and (apart from the fire) generally had a stress free time. We then went to the Midlands to stay with The Cotton Tops and took MM’s boys. That, too, was stress free and homely and as a Christmas holiday should be and I actually read a book, yep, I really had time, in between eating, drinking and going to the panto, to actually read (Anthony Bourdain, A Cook’s Tour, great stuff).

Then home again and my boys came back and we spent New Year’s Eve, with MM, playing Monopoly and drinking more good wine and champagne. And it was about this time that we (I say we, I mean MM) started rebuilding my porch/front door. Why do that sort of DIY at this time of year when it’s barmy to paint in freezing temperatures, I hear you ask. Well it’s cos just before Christmas MM and I decided something, something monumental actually, something very exciting and something that will challenge my resolute independence that I’ve exercised, and my boys have suffered, for 7 years. We are going to buy a house together, get a home for all 7 of us! So explains the DIY, as there are some jobs that need to be done before viewing of my house can commence, although that’s nearly all complete and whilst MM has been rebuilding my wooden front door and porch I have filled two cars with crap out of my garden/house which is massively cathartic.

All of the boys seem happy with the idea of one big house (or BH as well refer to it as). Seeing as this is the only home that any of my children have known (Ellis was actually born in his own bedroom) they are unbelievably keen to up sticks and share with a Man, albeit one they know very well and who is very kindly to them – the four of us have been through a lot together and I'm very pleased that they’re not going to be precious about our dynamics changing and are looking forward to being part of a big family 24/7….afterall, have 5 boys and we’ll laugh even more!

No comments: