Sunday 26 October 2008

25 Hour Day

Big Premiership match played today, Chelsea v Liverpool. My brood are ardent lifelong LFC supporters and MM’s boys are Chelsea fans (and not just pretend ones, they’ve actually been to Stamford Bridge). We watched the match at MM’s, who kindly cooked for the 7 of us. Liverpool won, the MM clan conceded very politely and my lot didn’t rub it in too much…

I was once talking to Max about MM and was trying to gauge how Max felt about this (lovely, sexy, handsome) guy who has been in our life for almost three years. ‘You like MM?’ I asked, ‘Yes’ says Max, ‘because he’s got Sky Sports and Skips’

Well fair enough, and today he had his fill of both.

Last night I watched X factor with my boys and MM on Messenger. We’re judgmental and are full of opinion. Yeah, yeah, trashy telly but it’s about the only thing I do watch (that and Harry Hill). And I just love, love Austin, a natural singer, full of heart. He sang Mack the Knife and so I immediately downloaded, I mean bought, the Bobby Darin version. O. M. G. That is how, as they say, it’s done. End of. I'm mesmerised. And I’ve been listening to Eva Cassidy all day, which has me hooked. Oh get me some Nina Simone! The telly annoys me, I rarely have it on. But music I have on ALL the time. Music, and more to my taste, vocalists, can be heard with the eyes shut and so transcends telly by miles. The most gorgeous sound I have ever heard is that of my babies singing.

Right, I'm back at home and going to enjoy my extra hour that we’ve been given, it’ll probably involve Merlot and cheese because I really don’t need much of an excuse…

3 comments:

Polly&Joe said...

MP loved the Merlot of your choice! x

Andy said...

Eva Cassidy a great singer, so sadly taken from us at a young age

Sara said...

Heee... I watch telly with Mr B on messenger :o)
xxx