Thursday 19 March 2009

It's blooming March already!

I've been rubbish, I've been busy, I'm trying to catch up:
My Ellis has gone away for a few days on an adventure weekend with his class – he’ll be rock climbing and swimming and high rope walking...having a ball, I bet. He was looking forward to it and I’m pleased that he’s having a good time away from the daily grind of battling for attention with his brothers, and from me nagging him to tidy his room....

My Luke is looking for work (!) He has put his name down for a paper round, he’s been valeting our cars and my friend, Mrs B, has offered him a job clearing her garden. I think, at last, Lukey is realising the value of work, money, autonomy and consequence.

My Max makes me laugh. He tells me that he’s going to go to church with his class and that he’ll be singing hymns. I tell him that I love singing hymns (takes me right back to an innocent life) and he says ‘You love hymns more than your boyfriend?’

MM and I have been very busy tarting up my house. MM has been smoothing walls and sanding down and painting and filling. The house is still up for sale, you see – to enable MM and me to have a home together – but I’ve had no offers so we’re splashing the cash to interest potential buyers. And we now have a master bedroom, and new carpets and windows on order, watch this space.

My puss broke a toe and is in plaster. He’s been housebound, which has driven the poor feline nuts – he looks a right nobber with his leg in plaster, see pic below!

And then there’s me. At time of writing I am angry and disappointed that my ex has chosen Mother’s Day to use as an excuse to have a dig at me; I thought that all of the bickering and bitching was behind us. I’m not a massive fan of mother’s day, or father’s day for that matter, (neither my mum or dad are the conventional ‘be there for you’ parent) but I would like to think that my own efforts, hard work and tribulations are recognised on one day of the year. Now thanks to my bitter ex my boys won’t get the opportunity to buy me a card, which is going to be embarrassing for them, and all because their dad won’t face up to the fact that I’m doing an OK job. Bugger him, I don’t need his validation, do I?

1 comment:

sparkx said...

lol @ husband is a tosser
they are tossers, most men are tossers.
Happy mother's day Claire, hope you have a lovely day x