Thursday 4 December 2008

The Max Effect



Max is six. He doesn’t have BO and he doesn’t have underarm hair. And yet he’s taken to applying deodorant every morning. And no, he doesn’t have any, but he waits for his brother to leave their shared room and then has a quick spritz of Eli’s under his arms. OVER his clothes!! I know this because I caught sight of two white circles of cold, wet Lynx on the pits of his royal blue school sweater….


Oh well, I thought, it’ll wash out and he’s going off to school feeling just that little bit older and more sophisticated than the other 6 year olds in his class so I let him get in the car not saying any more about it. However (!) it wasn’t until he was getting out of the car at school that I noticed a white circle of Lynx on his, um, crotch area! I do hope Emily was impressed with his grooming!!

3 comments:

MM said...

Beats washing I guess Max!

sparkx said...

oh lordy, my Jack does eggsackerly the same thing, all over his school uniform and a squirt for luck you know where. I'm always having to brush off the powderness from his school trousers. I say it every time, Jack, it's supposed to go on the skin, not all over the clothes. There could be some money in that, a kinda Febreeze/aftersvae/bodyspray in a can for schoolboys, could make a mint!
xx hope you are all well, Lynbo xx

D said...

My nephew does the bathing and cologne and deodorant thing! I have learned something and that's, that I hate Tag, or Axe,bodyspray! That stuff smells disgusting!